Projects & Clients enhancements, API fixes, layout tweaks, and much more

pine cones tree

Projects & Clients enhancements, API fixes, layout tweaks, and much more

As you may know, we recently released a brand new design for Projects and Clients with the addition of some huge usability improvements. With that work out of the way, we’re delighted to let you know what else has been going on behind the scenes with our latest product update.

So, without further ado, let’s dive right in and take a look at what the team has been working on at Resource Guru HQ.

  • Searches in the new Projects & Clients section didn’t include client names when it was released. It does now:
    Client search
  • Right-clicking on a project or client in the new Projects & Clients section didn’t allow you to open the item in a new tab. We fixed that.
    Right-click to open in new tab
  • We discovered a bug with how the filtering functionality was working within the Reports section. We’ve fixed the bug, which makes it a lot easier and more efficient to build filtered reports
  • Search terms that have been entered into fields are now cleared correctly when the field is closed and reopened
  • We spotted an issue whereby a new booking didn’t inherit the billable/non-billable flag of an assigned project when the Schedule was grouped. We’ve zapped the bug
  • Subscribing to our newsletter now requires a double opt-in from the subscriber
  • Fixed a bug that meant some users were incorrectly receiving emails when another user deleted bookings
  • Introduced consistency with the way changes to single-line text fields in Projects & Clients are saved when editing
  • Fixed an issue with the custom_fields object array when using the API
  • Now, when navigating between accounts, the Projects & Clients location is remembered rather than going directly to the Dashboard
  • Fixed some button layout issues for users on mobile devices
  • Zapped a bug on mobile devices that prevented the bottom two menu items on the menu drawer from being accessible
  • Fixed an issue with inconsistent font sizes when a search term returns no results
  • Fixed a bug that occurred when trying to delete a resource from a multi-resource booking that had time deleted due to a time off
  • A number of performance tweaks have been put in place to ensure that accounts can grow successfully without running into performance roadblocks
  • Following on from our release of the new Projects & Clients section, we’ve released a number of small performance improvements as well as a few important “fast-follows”
  • Some of our user-facing dialogs have been tweaked ever-so-slightly to better describe what’s actually happening when an operation is invoked
  • Fixed an issue on the blog that prevented readers from navigating through pages of blog posts

Please, as always, continue to give us your valuable feedback so that we can continue to improve and grow as a platform.

Photo by Zdeněk Macháček on Unsplash