It may come as a surprise that Earth Day goes all the way back to 1970. Long before plastic waste protests, carbon footprint calculators, and Greta Thunberg existed. That means 2020 marked half a century’s worth of action and mobilization of the modern environmental movement.
During the last 50-odd years, we’ve seen the urgency increase. And while Resource Guru’s carbon footprint is relatively small, we want to make sure we do our part in the fight for a clean environment and a sustainable future.
That’s why we partnered with Ecologi.
Partnering with Ecologi
Ecologi is an organization dedicated to tackling climate change by supporting global reforestation projects. They help companies like ours take action against climate change and work their way toward net-zero emissions.
Ecologi’s efforts are focused on protecting existing forests and creating new ones, which are essential for absorbing carbon dioxide, preserving biodiversity, and supporting local communities. By working with Ecologi, we’re proud to contribute to a global movement actively fighting climate change and fostering a healthier planet.
Our climate contributions
Since the partnership began, we’re proud to have achieved the following climate contributions:
- Carbon-neutral hosting: Our carbon emissions equal to or are less than those created in our operations
- 2,782 trees planted across 15 projects: from Madagascar, to Mozambique and Morrocco, all the way to Bolovia and Peru
- 100 tonnes of CO2e avoided: Which is the equivalent of 83 long-haul flights, 324 square meters of sea ice, or 267,948 miles in a car
While we’ve made some great (green) progress as a company, we’re committed to doing more to prevent climate change in the coming years.
The guru’s green pledge
We believe that as a company, we have a responsibility to contribute positively to the world around us. Environmental sustainability is a critical aspect of this commitment.
By supporting reforestation and promoting green initiatives, we aim to leave a lasting impact on the planet, reduce our carbon footprint even further, and inspire other businesses to do the same.
- Continue to offset emissions caused by company travel through our partnership with Ecologi
- Continue to offer planting trees as an incentive when participating in e.g. customer research projects or product feedback sessions
- Continue to stay mindful of our planet’s health and make green decisions as a company
As we celebrate Earth Day, we encourage other businesses to join us in embracing sustainability and working together to fight against climate change.
Together, we can create a brighter, more sustainable future for generations to come.