Resource Guru knows that keeping your information private is extremely important. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and giving you control over any information we hold about you. This policy sets out how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. You can rest assured that we will not share your information, for marketing purposes, with other companies.
Information we may collect from you
Most of the information we collect about you is information that you provide to us using the site. This includes your sign up details, information on your profile, content that you submit to our site for sharing with other users (including contributions to our forums), and details of which users you are connected to.
We may retain copies or notes of any communications (including email and instant messaging) between us and you.
We may also collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
If you agree to pay the fees for use of the service at the end of your free trial, you must provide your credit card or debit card information. If you register a credit card or debit card with us, our service provider will use card authorisation and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information you supplied, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen. We never transmit or store your credit card details ourselves, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. Instead, we use a PCI-DSS Level 1 compliant service merchant provider.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your use of the site by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) in emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to ensure the service is functioning correctly, enable more accurate reporting and make Resource Guru better for our users.
We take the security of your data extremely seriously
- Transmission - the information you submit to us via our website is always sent over a secure connection using 256-bit SSL encryption (the same level of encryption used by leading banks).
- A secure platform - we utilize a highly scalable cloud computing platform supplied by an ISO 27001 certified provider with extremely high levels of availability and reliability. The services and data centers have multiple layers of operational and physical security to help ensure the integrity and safety of your data. The actual location of the data centers is only known to those who have a legitimate business reason to know. Our application has been designed to protect against common web attacks and our systems are kept up to date with the latest software versions and security patches.
- Permissions - we know that you need to control who has access to your data. That's why we built in some advanced user permissions which allow you to control who has access to the different sections of your account.
- Storage and backups – in order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure there are physical, managerial and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. For example, we regularly back up your data to help prevent data loss and aid in data recovery
Where we store your personal data
Our primary hosting partner is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the US Department of Commerce and the European Union (EU). They have certified that they adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the US and the EU. For more information about the Safe Harbor visit the US Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor website.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide and manage our services to you and our other users through our site.
- To carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Resource Guru employees will not view your information except: (i) to maintain, provide or improve the service; or (ii) to help you and resolve your support requests.
How we share your information
We will not share your information, for marketing purposes, with other companies. Information in your profile and content that you submit to our site will only be available to your connections in your account. It will not be accessible to the general public.
We will only disclose any personal data we hold about you to third parties:
- If Resource Guru Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Other collection and use of information
Your right to access information held about you
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Resource Guru Limited of 112 Denbigh Street, London, SW1V 2EX, UK.
If you wish to contact us for any reason (for example, if you have any queries, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights under this policy or under the Data Protection Act 1998) then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org